Step #1: Attaching the ArbotiX BoardPrevNext
- Attach the project box for the ArbotiX board to the top of the TurtleBot. Anywhere on the top plate will do.
- Then place the Arbotix board inside with the FTDI breakout board and power cable attached.
Step #2: Wiring the TurtleBot ArmPrevNext
- Use Bioloid 180mm 3-pin connectors to daisy-chain the servos together.
- Start with the gripper joint, and connect each successive joint to the previous one.
- Finally, attach an extra connector to the base joint. This will attach to the Arbotix board.
Step #3: Attach the TurtleBot Arm to Your TurtleBotPrevNext
- Attach the arm base standoffs to the 4 holes highlighted in the picture using 4 6-32 x 3/4" screws on the bottom of the standoffs.
- Make sure that the rounded protruding edge of the base is facing forward: that is, so that the arm gets the most reach over the edge of the robot.
- Finally, attach the loose Dynamixel cable to the Arbotix.
Step #4: Power the Arbotix Board.PrevNext
- Disassemble the decks of the TurtleBot to have access to the iRobot Create and TurtleBot Power Board.
- Attach the power cable made in the TurtleBot Power Board cable tutorial to the TurtleBot Power Board in the base.
- Attach the other side of the power cable to the screw terminals on the Arbotix.
- Green is ground, and white is power in the images. We suggest you use a better coloring scheme in your build.