THE TRINITY LABS MENDELMAXPRO IS ONE OF A RECENT SPATE OF “RETAIL REPRAP” PRINTERS (see the Lulzbot AO-100), but this unit has two great things going for it. First, it’s the newest in its class, so it benefits from “standing on the shoulders” of earlier efforts. Second, founder Ezra Zygmuntowicz has extensive experience with the MendelMax, having built countless versions before developing this one as a product.
To read the full review, buy the Make: Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing.
2013 MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing
- 3D Printers Buyer's Guide — 15 Reviewed
- Getting Started in 3D
- Learn the Software Toolchain
- 3D Design for Beginners
- 3D Printing without a Printer
Just Released! 2014 MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing
We want to hear from you! Share your experiences with this machine, what you like, what you don't like, where you think our test team got it wrong. We hope you’ll join in the discussion. We’d also love to see the things that you design and print out.
- Primo Features 200W glass build platform heats up fast, high-grade linear motion components, LED backlighting, LCD user interface
- Print volume 9″×10″×7″
- Print speed Very fast, +150mm/sec
- Print material PLA, ABS, PVA
- Resolution (z-axis) 0.5mm–0.3mm
- Machine software Pronterface
- Slicing software Slic3r
- OS supported Windows, Mac, Linux
- Open Source Yes
- Price as tested $1,295
- Pedigree RepRap MendelMax
- Print without PC? Optional, SD card