I just added Noah Vawter’s 1-Bit Groove Box to my must-build list. The project uses an ATMega32 chip as an easily controlled one-bit synth/sequencer with built-in effects, featuring –
- Sounds good. Nostalgic algorithms updated.
- Don’t need to look at it as you play it!
- Inexpensive. Designed to be built by musicians.
- Open Source Software, Hardware and Design
- Ring Modulator, Comb Filter, Two-Pole Filter, Arpeggiator, Vibrato, Tremolo
- Always running sequencer with jam mode
- Simple Interface- all buttons have only one function
- Built-in Power Source and Speaker for Spontaneous Use – no cables needed!
Schematics, code, and FAQ can be found on the project site.
A quick search of the youtubes turned up this demo of the project as built by the486kid –