Build a wireless headphone bike helmet

Bikes Fun & Games
Build a wireless headphone bike helmet
bluetoothhelmet.jpg

This bicycle helmet hack sticks a pair of Bluetooth Logitech headphones inside a standard bicycle helmet. I really wish I had something like this when I used to bike to work everyday, rather than praying the wires to my MP3 player wouldn’t get caught in my spokes.

Rigged BlueTooth Helmet – Link

18 thoughts on “Build a wireless headphone bike helmet

1. Sean Chitwood says:

Who thinks it is a good idea for a bicyclist to answer their cell phone?

Bad enough the number of drivers that are talking on a phone, they at least have a couple of thousand pounds of metal to protect them and 4 points of contact with the ground assuring stability.

I don’t recommend people make this and if you do and die while wearing it, I will nominate you for the Darwin awards.

2. schill says:

I assume it’s for listening to music and not talking on the phone. Either way, I agree that it’s very dangerous and you’d be nuts to actually use this. Or maybe you are only riding your bike around in your driveway?

3. schill says:

I haven’t checked, but it may also be illegal in some cities/states.

4. cde says:

Sean, rtfa. Headphones, not headset. Mp3, not Cellphone (well, unless your cellphone is both and has a 3.5mm jack)

5. Morydd says:

In most places it’s illegal to have headphones on while cycling in the street. It’s stupid everywhere.

6. brad says:

guys – it is a snowboarding helmet, not a bike helmet

7. dext3r says:

i ride my bike with my headphones all the time. nominate me for the darwin awards. at least i’ll finally have won something.

8. yo says:

pretty cool!

9. Marco Polo says:

It is just fine for a bicyclist to answer their cell phone….if they stop to do so.

I ride my bike 8 miles a day to work with 1 earphone in.

That way I can hear what is going on around me and listen to some morning talk show.

xoxo