The Last HOPE (www.thelasthope.org) is this Summer’s hacker conference sponsored by 2600 Magazine. Presenters and artists from all nationalities and disciplines are again invited to participate in this forum. The Last HOPE covers all aspects of hacking, the community surrounding it, and its effects across the world.
For three days this July, The Hotel Pennsylvania will be the nexus of discussion, planning, and activity for hacker ideas, opportunities, and understanding.
The conference takes place on 18-20 in July 2008 at the Hotel Pennsylvania in New York City.
There are several ways to participate:
- Speak: Presentation ideas should be submitted with a synopsis of the topic and presenter bio, and will be chosen by relevance and peer review. Panels, talks, tutorials, debates, or other types of presentations are all welcome. Most presentations will be 55 minutes.
- Interact: Demonstrations of new and interesting technologies or system elements as well as artistic exhibits are welcome. We have 20,000 square feet of presentation space to fill, so projects of all sizes will be considered. Robots, Segways, Legos, RFID, digital graffiti — submit your creative ideas!
- Display: Posters, presentations, demos, workshops, classes, and other ways of sharing information are encouraged. Space and time will be provided to accommodate proposals.
- Sell or Exhibit: Space will be available for vendors to sell products of interest to the hacker community. Details will be posted later to the HOPE website.
- Teach: Share your knowledge with others during formal and informal workshops. Hands-on instruction is particularly welcome.
If you have a hacker space and would like to take part in our hacker space talks or activities, contact email@example.com