Do you make hardware? Dabble with designing electronics? Open source hardware licenses considerations and thought starters…
- What is not Open Source Hardware
- Why “non-commercial” is a “non-good” idea for your project
- “I’m afraid that it will get copied by a large conglomerate and sold cheaply to people!
- “I’m afraid my project will be used by some big company without proper credit or attribution!”
- I would like to sell my project as a product and I’m scared of someone becoming a competitor!
- If you keep your project “non-commercial” it is less likely to succeed and evolve!
Open source hardware licenses – Link.
What is open source hardware? – Link.
2 thoughts on “Open source hardware licenses”
There is a very interesting discussion about Open Hardware and how it relates to the (less open than you thought) Arduino over at the Arduino Forum.
Comments are closed.