The kit contains the electronic parts required to make a drum kit. This includes the circuit board, resistors, diodes and pins. You supply the Arduino and the material to make the actual drum pads. Below you will find easy instructions for making traditional-looking drum pads, but you could also stick the piezo elements (the parts that sense the hits on the drum) to many different surfaces. Imagine playing your desk, lamp and telephone!
Drum Kit Kit
Rock the house by turning your Arduino into a custom drum kit.
- Glue, spray, and epoxy (or hot glue) (1)
- Solder (1)
- Tape, or heat-shrink tubing (1)
- Metal sheet, thin, auto body (1)
- Mouse pad (1)
- Wire (1) to connect piezos (speaker style wire is OK)
- Foam (1)
- Drum Kit Kit (1) comes with four piezo sensors, PCB and other parts needed to make it work with the Arduino as a mini shield.
- Soldering iron
- Tin snips
- Wire cutters