For this project you will need to know how to use a soldering iron, a hot glue gun, and a drill. WARNING: Do not multitask with these tools! They can be very dangerous!
LED Jellies Lamp Stand
This is a modification of the LED jellies contributed by Angela Sheehan.
- 9 volt battery (1)
- kabob stick (1)
- popsicle stick (1)
- uninsulated copper wire (1) about 30 gauge
- moldable casein (1) must perform milk to plastic experiment (heat 1cup of milk, add 4 teaspoons of white vinegar, and a pinch of corn starch. Stir then strain casein out with a strainer)
- Thumbtack (1)
- sturdy wooden or metal pole, about one foot long (1)
- toy bubbles (from a vendor) (2) you can do this project with one, but the circuitry would be slightly different
- insulated copper wire (1) I'd recommend 16 gauge, at least I think that's what I used.....
- LEDs (4)
- wooden board, (1) must be at least 5 inches long, 3 inches wide, and 1 inch tall
- Hot glue gun (with glue)
- Soldering iron or electrical tape use safety precautions, wear safety gear for eyes and hands while handling a soldering iron.
- drill with drill bits
- wire stripper or pocket knife