If, like me, you tend to accumulate projects-in-progress, you might want to stitch up a bunch of these easy oilcloth holders. They keep all the needed supplies together, neat and tidy, and they’re structured so little things can’t easily fall out. They store easily on a shelf or in a bin, and when you’re ready to craft, you can read the handy hanging tag to find the project you want.
- 1/2 yard oilcloth or tablecloth vinyl See note below.
- Scrap of 8 mil clear vinyl (optional)
- Downloadable tag pattern
- Pearl cotton embroidery floss or baker’s twine
- Chenille needle large eye, sharp point
- Large sew-through button
- Pinking shears or decorative-edge scissors
- Masking tape
- Sewing machine
Materials Note: If you want to make a lot of Project Keepers on the cheap, watch your local thrift stores for vinyl tablecloths.