Harvey Moon‘s Drawing Machine is is not just a controllable pen attached suspending it over a page, it’s a tool for making beautiful artwork. Taking its cues from computer data, the Drawing Machine can reproduce any digitized picture or photograph, and the programmer’s touch introduces noise in the system. The results are more akin to print-making in that every creation is unique with its own idiosyncrasies. Filmed at Maker Faire Bay Area 2011.
Check out more videos from Maker Faire Bay Area 2011.
- Drawing machine on Kickstarter
- CD scrounged drawing machine
- MAKE | Magnet Drawing Machine
- Drawing machine creates to the beats
- Drawing machine uses patents to tell stories
- RC drawing machine decorates a billboard-sized canvas
- Drawing machine finds its muse in noise