This video from oscon featuring Alasdair Allen, author of iOS Sensor Apps with Arduino, gives an inspiring overview and demonstration of what is possible using the Maker Shed’s RedPark Breakout Pack for Arduino and iOS. While the video doesn’t rank high on the excitement scale, it gives great insights and project ideas to anyone interested in combining iOS devices and microcontrollers.
Redpark Breakout Pack for Arduino and iOS Features:
- Enables development of iOS apps for private use in homes, schools and offices
- Connects iOS devices to RS-232 serial devices.
- Designed for use with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (fourth generation), iPad 2 and iPad.
- Used in conjunction with the Redpark Serial Cable SDK and sample code. Together these tools enable you to write iOS apps that communicate with serial devices.
- One meter long cable.
- Male DB-9 connector.
- Supports communication at speeds up to 57.6 Kbps.
- Requires iOS 4.3.x or later.
- Mintronics Survival Pack.
- P4 RS232 to TTL board.