Tomorrow, Saturday, April 21 from 10am-2pm, we will enjoy the final Open MAKE at the Exploratorium before Maker Faire. In fact, it’ll be our last Open MAKE at the original site of the Exploratorium before the museum moves to the piers. (Sniff!) So you have many reasons to “dump” everything else you are doing and put yourself at our “disposal” for a day that would make even Oscar the Grouch smile.
That’s right, this fourth of four “T” themed Open MAKEs will be on the tremendous topic of TRASH. It’ll be a Saturday full of activities in which you can Re-mix/Re-assemble/Re-create/Re-MAKE. The Tinkering Studio has put together another inspiring collection of makers.
Headlining the event is viral video star Caine Monroy, creator of Caine’s Arcade, and filmmaker Nirvan. Caine will display his cardboard arcade in the Tinkering Studio and you can meet him! He and Nirvan will also be there for the film screening of Caine’s Arcade at 3pm.
Here are a few glimpses at what else is in store:
- Swap-o-Rama-Rama workshops! Slash Revival, T-Shirt Transplant, Jeans Into Totes, Superhero Capes, and Silkscreening. Bring a bag of clean clothes, hats, bags, shoes etc. to donate to the transformation effort.
- The kinetic, space age sculpture of Nemo Gould
- The “Wonder”ful art of Cathy McGever — better than sliced bread!
- Master of automata Paul Spooner
- The typewriter assemblage of Jeremy Mayer
- The Washed Ashore Project
- The Viper Fuselage / 720° flight simulator — a recent Kickstarter hit!
- Audio-gadgeteer Sudhu Tewari
- All the way from Europe! Artist Pe Lang
- Laura Bruland on the laser cutter
- Activities by SCRAP, RAFT and SF Recology
- Scratch film animation
- Gever Tulley spinning trash
- … and we’re working on a few others.
You can read more about who is coming here
How could you “refuse” such a day? Any other activity would “pail” in comparison.