Looking for a summer job? Apply now to be a maker-in-residence at one of the many Maker Corps 2016 partner organizations across the nation!
We’re looking for anyone who is interested in being a maker-in-residence and a Maker educator embedded at museums, libraries, schools, community makerspaces, and even a summer camp! Learn more about all the wonderful organizations that are a part of the Maker Corps program this year. Overview:Our Maker Corps 2016 partner sites represent an inclusive spectrum of youth-serving organizations and programs—every partner site is unique in their program offerings and audience. This means every maker-in-residence/Maker Corps member position is unique too! Maker Corps members will work with organization staff to create, develop and facilitate making experiences for youth and families. Program Components include:
- Maker Ed’s online training and access to a community of fellow Maker Corps members to share and aid project planning.
- A paid position for 6-8 weeks at one of the Maker Corps participating organizations.
- You like making, creating, building, teaching, sharing, and learning.
- You like to or are interested in providing making experiences to youth.
- You like or are interested in gaining hands-on experience working in museums libraries, schools, summer camps, after-school programs, and makerspaces.
- You are an effective communicator.
- ALL backgrounds welcome!
Time commitments vary, though most programs run from the beginning of June through the middle of August. All Maker Corps positions are paid positions. Please share the word and APPLY ONLINE NOW to become a Maker Corps member! About Maker Ed Maker Ed is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating more opportunities for all young people to develop confidence, creativity, and interest in science, technology, engineering, math, art, and learning as a whole through making. Through its support of educators and communities, Maker Ed plays a national leadership role in both broadening access to and deepening the impact of meaningful making and learning experiences for youth. Maker Ed is a project of the Tides Center, a registered 501(c)3 non-profit public charity. Cognizant, Intel, Maker Media, and Pixar are Founding Sponsors of Maker Ed. Cognizant is the lead sponsor of the Maker Corps 2016 Program.