I love to think about substituting other materials for projects that others may not have thought about. Such was the case with this project. I substituted new mouse traps in place of a regular board. And obviously, there is the established connection between mice and cheese.

This was a fairly easy project. The biggest challenge was removing the metal parts from the traps without marring or leaving a lot of holes. I completed this project in 2 days. There are many other possibilities for this project depending on how you want to configure the mouse traps. A person could get very creative here.

The only thing I might change would be the finish. I used mineral oil for the finish, but might be better to use a non-toxic, more durable finish. The mouse trap boards are very soft, but then again, it’s just a cheese board.