Instead of the arch to minimise falling damage, I went for giant springs as a technology replacement more suited to the Steampunk design and historical era.
These started as two pairs of shoes, one cheap pair of black pleather boots and an old pair of canvas shoes. The heel ‘spring’ is actually plastic tubing as I could screw this straight into the heel to secure it firmly (plus a lot more sensible to walk in).
- How-To: Transform Toy Gun in to Steampunk Beauty @Craftzine.com blog
- How-To: Light Up Steampunk Ray Gun @Craftzine.com blog
- Awesome Portal 2 Wheatley Puppet @Craftzine.com blog
- Plush Portal Turret Speaks, Lights Up @Craftzine.com blog
- How-To: Portal Sentry Turret Egg Cup @Craftzine.com blog