I’m John Park and I’ve been invited to blog here at Make. I’m thrilled that Phil and the rest of the incredible team are letting me join them.
By day I’m a character rigger making animated movies; by night (and early morning), I’m a father and husband, Maker, and freelance writer. Thanks to a chance encounter at the 2008 Bay Area Maker Faire, I’m going to be the host of the Maker Workshop on the upcoming Make: television show airing on PBS in January.
Topics I’m likely to post about:
- Coffee hacking
- Needlessly complex electromechanical contraptions
- Diving into projects with an imbalanced enthusiasm-to-knowledge ratio
- Shocking behind-the-scenes tales of making the TV show
Topics I’m unlikely to post about:
- Hydroelectric power plant overclocking
- The undiscovered “Soilpunk” gardening technology genre
- Arduino-based marital aids
It’s a tremendous honor to be here, thank you for having me!