Have you ever delved into the world of cake or cookie decorating? It can be like a mercurial relationship to say the least. With piping bags clogging, images just not coming out as planned, and the dreaded air bubbles — it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Thankfully cake and cookie projectors exist!
Kopykake, the industry leader on baking projectors, offers you “the chance to co-ordinate their cake with their party pieces. Project their party napkins or other designs onto their cake and outline it with ease and speed. A Kopykake projector allows you to achieve more in less time, be the artist you never were; or simply create beautiful cakes from any design in minutes by projecting the design directly onto the cake you can outline or color the design rapidly.”
The projector is an exciting addition to any baker’s tool kit. The only real downside to the Kopykake is its price tag. Luckily, SugarFox has come to the rescue!
This easy DIY projector gives you everything you need to be piping like a pro! There is a good chance you have most if not all of the supplies at home now.
You will need:
- Flashlight (should evenly distribute the light; serves as the light source of the projector)
- Transparent CD jewel case (the image will be transferred onto a piece of transparency film, and will be put on the CD jewel case)
- Box A (should be rather high; Box A will hold the flashlight)
- Box B (should be rather large, but not too high; Box B will hold the CD jewel case)
In addition, you’ll need:
- Box cutter or sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Duct tape or other thick tape
- Some adhesive film
- Double-sided adhesive tape (e.g., PowerStrips)
- Packing tape (optional)
- Wrapping paper or decorative adhesive film (optional)
You can find the complete list of details here.