We covered this Speak-n-Spell kit awhile back, but there’s a new video and more info on the site, looks like a great kit to bring new life to a an old favorite toy… The sound samples are rad… –
Talking Toy MIDI Retrofit
- Use MIDI to trigger thousands of sounds–words, word fragments, garbled speech, percussion and bizarre sound effects.
- Works with Speak & Spell, Speak & Read, Speak & Math, and non-English versions.
- Use toy’s headphone jack or speaker for audio output.
- Easy installation. Free technical support.
MIDISpeak kit – Speak-n-Spell talking toy MIDI retrofit – [via] – Link & video.
- Also check out the new Highly_Liquid blog… – Link.
From the pages of MAKE:
- Circuit Bending – Modify a Casio keyboard (or other electronic audio stuff) and start playing some of the strangest sounds you’ve ever heard. MAKE 04 – Page 88. Subscribers–read this article now in your digital edition!