We’re excited to bring you a new contest for 2008! Chronicle Books and CRAFT Magazine are bringing you a contest for all you Amy Butler fans and sewers around the
US world! For a two-month period crafters can submit pictures of their own Amy Butler inspired bag online to the flickr group called ‘Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest‘. At the end of the two-month period Amy Butler will pick a top winner and five runners up among the entries.
Amy Butler shares, “I am so excited about this unique promotion that brings together both of my publishers in a fun contest that involves the larger community. I’ve always been so impressed with the collaboration in the online crafting world and this is a perfect example of that spirit.”
Contest Update 1/2/07
Thanks for all your comments and early entries to the Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest! We listened to you and we’re happy to announce that we’re now opening up the contest to participants outside the US and Canada, there are no geographic restrictions on entries. Apologies also for not being more clear on what we mean by an ‘Amy Butler Inspired Bag’, we wanted to keep it pretty open to interpretation but to clarify, people may use one of Amy’s patterns, her fabric, or just make something that was inspired by her very distinct style. Amy’s style reminds us of Sunday morning trips to the flea market, vintage fabric, sunny Spring afternoons, and casual comfort. But that’s just us– you could be inspired by her in a different way, if you aren’t familiar with Amy and her designs poke around her site at amybutlerdesign.com and then get to sewing!
The grand prize winner will receive a Janome Memory Craft 6600P Sewing Machine with a retail value of $1999, Amy Butler Fabric, Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern (published by STC), Amy Butler’s In Stitches, and the Sew-It Kit (both published by Chronicle Books).
The five runner-ups will win a copy of Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern, Amy Butler’s In Stitches, and the Sew-It Kit.
1. No purchase necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
2. Contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (ET) on 1/01/08 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on 2/29/08.
U.S. residents only Everyone may enter by submitting their information to the ‘Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest’ flickr group so it is received by 11:59 PM (ET) on 2/29/08. Limit: one entry per person. Each entry will be considered to win the grand prize and decided upon by Amy Butler.
3. Prizes/Approximate Retail Values (ARV): The featured grand prize will be the following items: One (1) Janome Memory Craft 6600P Sewing Machine (MSRP $1999), One (1) Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern ($35), One (1) Amy Butler’s In Stitches ($24.95), One (1) Stitch-It Kit ($24.95), Amy Butler Fabric ($60). (ARV: $2,143.90). Five Runner-Ups will receive: One (1) Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern ($35), One (1) Amy Butler’s In Stitches ($24.95), One (1) Stitch-It Kit ($24.95). (ARV: $84.90). Sponsors: Chronicle Books and Amy Butler.
4. Winners will be selected by Amy Butler from among all eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail, mail or phone. If a prize or notification is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner may forfeit prize if Sponsors are unable to contact him or her within 7 days of first attempted notification. No prize substitutions will be permitted, except Sponsors may substitute any prize with one of equal or greater retail value. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity including online posting without additional compensation.
5. Contest is open to adults, 18 or older. Employees of the Sponsors, their affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families of each are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
7. Sponsors are not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
Head on over to the Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest flickr group here. – Link.
38 thoughts on “Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest”
Looks like fun. It’s a shame that only the American members of the “online crafting world” are allowed to enter. Since the contest entries are housed on Flickr, and winners can be contacted via email, international entries could easily be accommodated.
Can someone clarify what “inspired” means? Are we talking bags made from her patterns or our own original designs that are similar to Amy Butler’s style of bag?
It’s sad in this day and age you can’t make a contest for everyone. And i’ve seen it’s not impossible. Etsy gave a sewing machine (three actually) and accepted international entries. Not much of a global village with you, right?
Amy Butler has fans worldwide, her patterns and fabric are sold worldwide so why are only US residents allowed to take part?
I am a bit fed up with contests that don’t allow people from all over the world to enter, it’s very discouraging and unfair.
I agree with Jamie. The guidelines for the contest are unclear. What does “inspired” mean exactly?
To whomever is moderating the group, I think it’d be a good idea to list the guidelines on flickr as well. If there really is a limit of one entry per person, the folks who posted more than one bag need to be contacted to have their multiples removed from the group.
From the Flickr page: Please note that you may only enter once. This means you may only submit one bag for this contest. If you have multiple photos they must be of the same bag. Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
also, inspired to me is meant to be an original design. Anyone can use a pattern, an AB pattern and make a bag. It’s is the design inspiration, and then making it real that should be judged.
Are these bags made from AB patterns allowed?
This is great!!
I would like to enter, where do we send the picture of our creations? No address is listed.
enter in contest.
Who is moderating the flickr pool? Several people have entered more than one bag. Some people are even entering non-bag related materials.
Is the contest only for bags or can Amy’s hat, cabo halter etc be entered as well?
There are a few people that have submitted more than one entry, yet #2 in the rules say one entrant per person. What happens to the multiple entries?
There are a few people that have submitted more than one entry, yet #2 in the rules says one entry per person. What happens to the multiple entries?
I have a question, Do I need to use Amy Butlers Patterns or fabric? because I am a college student and I realy cant afford to buy it.
and is it a purse that I need to design or could it be some thing eles? like a hat? thank you for your time nicole
It seems that many are clueless in this contest. If you read the contest description and rules, you would see that 1) it’s an Amy Butler inspired “bag” 2) you don’t have to use her fabric, her pattern or purchase anything from her to compete 3) there is only ONE entry per person, multiple pictures of the same bag are acceptable. I imagine that the same people who are judging the contest are the ones who wrote the rules – thus they will know them for any of the other crafters that can’t follow instruction! Sorry to be harsh, but catch a clue!
thank you amy butler! what an amazing opportunity for designers, and amy’s followers! LOVE IT!!! so excited!
i am really excited to see who wins this contest. can someone tell me how to delete one of my entries. i did not mean to enter twice. thanks in advance.
Comments are closed.