Kitchen Tasks with Power Tools

Food & Beverage
Kitchen Tasks with Power Tools

Jason Poel Smith demonstrates four ways to use a power drill for everyday kitchen tasks, by attaching a cheese grater, whisk, scrubbing sponge, and my favorite, a pepper mill. I get a kick out of imagining the waiter at a fancy restaurant, power drill in each hand, speedily delivering freshly ground pepper and grated cheese to restaurant patrons.

More:

20 thoughts on “Kitchen Tasks with Power Tools

1. Severin // tiefpunkt says:

Some guy at our hackerspace has been doing stuff like that for a while. We made him a soup gorup after a while: http://abrockdrillingatthings.soup.io/ He once made an adapter for a meat grinder to be used with an electric drill.

2. Abraham King says:

Surely any establishment fancy enough to offer both fresh ground pepper AND grated cheese would opt for a quick-change attachment and a single drill motor!

3. miroslava von schlochbaum says:

This with nary a nod to Alton Brown? (e.g. http://www.instructables.com/id/Automatic-Pepper-Grinder/ “My inspiration for this instructable came from the show “Good Eats” with Alton Brown.”)

4. Michael Colombo says:

In college I had a friend with a hand-turned coffee grinder. Well, you can imagine what we did to it :)

5. raster says:

I’ve always wanted a bandsaw in the kitchen. Imaging how easy it would be to slice a loaf of bread or a frozen pizza!

6. Rob Cruickshank (@robcruickshank) says:

Spade bits at low speed are great for hollowing out vegetables. I’ve used them to make carrot-based musical instruments, but you could also make, say, a tuna-stuffed baked carrot or something equally delicious.

7. MAKE | Your Comments says:

[…] response to Kitchen Tasks with Power Tools, user raster says: I’ve always wanted a bandsaw in the kitchen. Imaging how easy it would be to […]

8. lily says: