AVR based DIY USB joystick you can make yourself–
MJoy is the project for building DIY controller for joysticks that connect to USB port of your PC. This controller is the electronic brain of USB joysticks. You may choose to build your own joystick hardware or may want to change the electronics of your existing joystick. There are several advantages of this controller compared to those found in mass produced joysticks:
- Higher precision of 10 bit converters
- More axes for more controls like trimmers, propeller pitch, etc.
- More buttons for more functions like flaps, brakes, views, engine management, etc.
- Possibility to implement custom functions that suit your own needs.
DIY USB joystick – Link.
- AVR projects @ MAKE (tons!) – Link.