I say again unto you noble blog-reader – take heed of a gathering born from sonic discovery and construction, best known by its moniker “Handmade Music”. Signals will be sounded and noises will be nurtured in the name of all musical makers – and there’s gonna be free beer!
See firsthand, the following items of interest –
- Bizarre sonic objects made from dismembered mannequin torsos and legs, transformed into a Theremin and maracas
- Mouse & the Billionaire’s Gestural controllers, made with wood and 3D printers, shaping sound with movement
- Brian Kerr’s Dynamic Musical Interfaces
- Rucyl Mills’ over-the-shoulder musical fashion with snakeskin and leather
- Notendo’s prepared Nintendo NES
- Make:Television screening with more projects, plus a presentation by our very own Captain Phil Torrone.
- Plus – more good things!
So all ye who be in the NYC area would be wise to stop in!
Free (+ free beer while it lasts)
Thursday, January 15
7:30-10:30pm (drop by for as long as you’d lie)
3rd Ward, Brooklyn NY
Directions to the Space
Join Make: Community Today