Our amazing Maker Faire team has been hard at work on the upcoming World Maker Faire and they just sent me this memo with details on how to become part of the World Maker Faire Street Team. Please help us spread the good word in and around the New York boroughs and earn some Faire tickets in the process! Sound like fun?
Post flyers and place postcards in your local community and earn two Adult World Maker Faire Day passes worth $50
It’s easy! We will send you 25 flyers, 75 postcards, stickers and buttons. Throw them in your car, purse, backpack, or bicycle basket and take them with you to all the places you already go (and maybe a few more). Pin or tape them to the bulletin board, window, or even leave them in a small stack on the counter or table where other items may be on display (of course you will need to ask permission first). While you are posting, don’t forget to snap a few pictures so we can see all the great work you have done!
When you’re finished, send us an e-mail along with three or four pictures and we will send you two Adult day tickets to World Maker Faire by August 31st. You won’t have to wait in line for your tickets, you’ll save a little cash, and you will have helped us spread the word about this great event within your community.
Here are some great locations/examples of places to post flyers and place postcards:
Bookstores, Coffee Shops, Cafes, Toy Stores, Hobby Shops, Craft Stores, Restaurants, Scrap Stores, Community Centers, Hackerspaces, Tech Spaces, After School Programs, Garden Centers, Thrift Stores, and more
To join, send your info to: Streetteam@makerfaire.com
1) Your name/address
2) Send us three pics of locations you have placed World Maker Faire flyers and/or postcards. Ideally getting these Maker Faire materials and word out as soon as possible — we will need your pictures no later than August 31st.
3) Please don’t post flyers/postcards at any location w/o asking permission or if not permissible
4) Please don’t post flyers/postcards all in one place. We are trusting that you will be a good street team member and will spread these materials throughout your community.
5) We would love to have you join our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
6) If you have a website that you like/run/own and would like to post Maker Faire web banners here is the link to our 2011 banners.
7) We’re looking specifically to cover the following neighborhoods. Have another place in mind? Email us!
- Park Slope
- Red Hook
- Carroll Gardens
- Sunset Park
- Ditmas Park
- Parsons/New School
- East Village/Lower East Side
- Long Island City
- Jackson Heights
- Ft. Greene
- Navy Yard
- Jersey City
- other (please email us)
The Maker Faire Team