The Noco Mini Maker Faire, an all-ages festival, is thrilled to bring do-it-yourself makers never before seen creations, new inventions and DIY tech to the City of Loveland. This year’s faire includes a fire breathing, laser shooting, 30 foot robot resurrection, a BrickBuilder expo, a youth entrepreneurship showcase, a 6 foot robotic 3D printing arm and much, much more.
The faire will be held at Loveland’s Rocky Mountain Center for Innovation and Technology on October 4th & 5th and features a multitude of hands-on activities from e-textiles with SparkFun to laser engraving with Epilog Laser and a Cardboard Challenge! With opportunities to make, create, learn, invent, craft, recycle, build, think, play and be inspired, the second annual NoCo Mini Maker Faire is sure to turn heads. The NoCo Mini Maker Faire is the region’s largest faire. With indoor and outdoor exhibits, hands-on demos and presentations spread out over 100,000+ sq feet.
Highlights of this year’s faire include:
- 30’ towering Robot sculpture made of recycled metal. It has fully articulating, arms, head, and hands.
Loveland BrickBuilder Expo:
In partnership with the Colorado Wyoming LEGO User Group (CoWyLUG), this Expo will include displays from master builders, a brick building play area, and a building competition.
- Teams compete to make sculptures out of a pile of scraps.
- The Cardboard Challenge is a conduit for creativity and the role communities can play in fostering our creative capacity.
- The SoundPuddle is an interactive space of visual-acoustic synesthesia. This spectrographically colorful spaces creates color and light from sound, illuminating every noise you make on an immersive canopy of light. Bring your voices and musical instruments, and 5,760 LEDs will unify your ears and eyes.
Nerdy Derby developed by CSU LEAP students:
- The Nerdy Derby is a no-rules* miniature car building and racing competition. With a larger, undulating track and no restrictions on the size of the cars or materials participants can use, the Nerdy Derby rewards creativity, cleverness and ingenuity.
“Our job is simply to find the most creative makers in the region and help make their visions come true within the Faire. There is nothing more fun than bringing together an awestruck audience with the great people and groups that are imagining, building and sharing their creations,” says Elise VanDyne, Executive Director. “This year we have even more fantastic things to play, learn, craft and experience.”
Join Make: Community Today