Crafty Find: Frank’s Nursery & Crafts Basket

franks_shopping_basket.jpg
My boyfriend earned even more points today when he spotted this Frank’s Nursery & Crafts shopping basket at a garage sale we were at. I bought it immediately, hoping to store Fabric scraps in it. Any folks out there remember Frank’s?

22 thoughts on “Crafty Find: Frank’s Nursery & Crafts Basket

1. mollie says:

I LOVED Frank’s and miss it so much! I still find supplies with Frank’s tags around the house…

2. Pawdua says:

I’d offer to buy it if I thought you’d you would sell. I worked there for three years. Turned me into the drafter I am today. So miss that place. Daisy Kingdom anyone.

3. Heather says:

I miss Franks so much! I remember a Donnie & Marie miniature working 35mm camera that I got from there. We didn’t get to go there often because with 3 girls who loved to craft it was never a quick or inexpensive trip. I worked in one for a few months in 1989, it wasn’t the best idea I ever had as a very large portion of my paycheck went right back to them, LOL.

4. Jupiter says:

My hubby works at a grocery store and they constantly throw out baskets that have nothing wrong with them so he brings them home. They’re great for organizing toys.

5. LindaSonia says:

I remember Franks and I STILL miss it!!! :(

6. Nancy says:

Awesome that you got the basket!
    There was a Franks in Ohio when I lived there in 2002 – they had already shut down many of them. I like the store because they had the nursery which was a cool bonus!

7. Sara says:

There’s still a Frank’s sign up on Schoolcraft off of I-96 in Livonia, MI (?). I still do a double take, hoping there’s one left.

8. Sara says:

“Beautiful things begin at Frank’s…Frank’s Nursery and Crafts” That was their commerical jingle. I loved Frank’s!

9. Bee says:

I loved everything about Franks. Most of all I loved the way it SMELLED in there.

10. Joan says:

I loved Frank’s. I still miss that store. I would go in just to look. I too have items with their Frank’s price tags on them.

11. Cat says:

i worked at a Frank’s in HS (18 years ago, ugh)… best job i ever had :) except when i got ribbon organizing duty. totally miss them, and jealous of your new basket!

Comments are closed.