Holy bat signal, Dan just posted up the brightest head lamp ever… Here’s how to make your own…
“Headlamp flashlight technology takes a quantum leap! You can have it all: * Intense brightness * Lightweight * Long life * Low cost * Rechargeable * Unbreakable * Small * Waterproof
Race proven! I put the light to the ultimate test by competing in the Gold Rush 24-hour Adventure endurance race in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California. Many of the other competitors had $500 HID lamps from NiteRider, Light & Motion, etc, yet throughout the race nearly everyone that saw my light commented as to its extreme brightness or asked where they could get one. It was that much brighter than anything else.
- brightness: 500+ lumens / 7 million+ mcd @ 15 degree
- weight: 120 gram headlamp + 60 gram electronics + 280 gram battery pack = 460 gram total
- cost: $60 including batteries
- lifetime: 3, 6, 12, 24 hours (4 brightness settings)
- size: headlamp portion 5cm x 5cm x 2.5cm
- rechargeable: Ni-MH or Lithium-Ion batteries (your choice)
- unbreakable: LED technology
None of this was possible just a couple years ago, but now it can be done easily with inexpensive components you assemble yourself!” – Link.