Like making circuit boards, but don’t like all of the toxic chemicals that you have to use to do it? You might want to take a look at Stephen Hobley’s directions, then. He’s claiming to be able to etch boards using only diluted hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and a bit of table salt.
He’s got an analysis of the chemical reaction on his site, and mentions that the byproduct is probably toxic, so you should probably be careful about handling and disposing of the stuff.
- Make: Online » Circuit Skills: Circuit Board Etching, sponsored by Jameco
- Make: Online » Salt and vinegar circuit etching
- Make: Online » Laser cutting circuit boards
- Make: Online » Printing circuit boards lecture @ 27C3
- Make: Online » Etching a portrait into a PCB
- Make: Online » The 5-minute circuit board agitator, or, making temporary tools