Shawn from the Society for Amateur Scientists sent out this deal on DNA kits for SAS members (you can still get them if you’re not a member) –
‘Extracting DNA’ is by far the most popular experiment SAS has ever developed within the Labrats lessons or without. In fact, in the last few months hundreds of Labrats families, teachers, SAS members and other citizen scientists have purchased our special ‘Mini-CSI’ laboratory so they could have access at home to all the same equipment that professionals use to extract and purify the fundamental molecule of life in their laboratories.
These kits allow anyone to extract DNA from any living organism. They contain all the chemicals and labware and complete ‘Hypothesis to Conclusion’ directions that you need to extract, purify, measure and store DNA from over 200 samples. (If you ever wanted to do that many!) And while they are a great value at only $37, the Board of Trustees and I want to do everything we can to help every SAS family that wants one to get a hold of one of these marvelous introductions to molecular biology.
So, to celebrate the holiday spirit of giving, we have reserved 50 kits exclusively for our members and their families and loved ones for just $29. That’s over 20% off and its the best holiday offer we can make!
There is no greater gift than furthering a young person’s interest in learning!
PS: These 50 kits won’t last long. When they sell out, this offer will be gone for good. So reserve your kit right away! And remember, all purchases support Labrats.” – Link.
DNA projects @ MAKE:
- Extract DNA In Your Kitchen – Link.
- DNA Hacking – Link.
- HOW TO – Extract DNA from anything living – Link.
- Art from your DNA… – Link.
- DIY DNA Explorer Kit – Link.
- Coffee shop offers DNA testing – Link.
- WEB2DNA – Convert your website into DNA art – Link.
- New X PRIZE – A race to a better human genetic map – Link.
From the pages MAKE:
- Home Molecular Genetics – Extract, fingerprint, and replicate your own DNA. MAKE 07 – page 65. Subscribers–read this article now in your digital edition.
- Kitchen Counter DNA Lab – Extract, purify, and experiment with the blueprint of life. MAKE 07 – Page 59. Subscribers–read this article now in your digital edition.
2 thoughts on “Extracting DNA kit & DNA projects”
Where is the ‘thermal cycler for PCR’ image from?
Comments are closed.