A few of you sent in how to get free WiFi by changing your browser’s “user agent” to be a Vista machine, so here’s i-hacked.com step by step…
“For the release of Microsoft Vista, T-Mobile is offering 3 free months of their hotspot service. The catch is… You have to be running Windows Vista. (don’t do it)
Here is a quick tip to get three months of free hotspot service at the firm’s North American WiFi access points found at Starbucks, Borders, FedEx-Kinkos, hotel chains, etc. Turns out, they only use the agent information for validation… So that enables us to SPOOF IT!
1. Download the firefox extension for spoofing user-agents: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/59/
2. Restart firefox and goto: Tools > User Agent Switcher > Options > Options…
3. Click “User Agents” and then “Add”
4. Fill out the window with following info:
Description: Internet Explorer 7 (Windows Vista)
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)
App Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer App Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)
5. Save it, goto Tools > User Agent Switcher > Then click the newly added one. Browse over to http://hotspot.t-mobile.com/vista/ and you should be redirected to a trial sign-up page.” – Link.
4 thoughts on “Free 3 months of T-Mobile WiFi – Just pretend to run Vista”
This begs the question, why install it at all?
Comments are closed.