Have you grown tired of someone in your life asking you to make them a sandwich? Just make them one that will last forever!
– No return trips to the grocery store!
– Doubles as coasters for you to set your drinks on!
– Great conversation starter!
– You can’t eat it (BOOOOOOOO!)
– May cause extreme hunger.
I decided to design my own sandwich coaster set inspired by some of the other great sandwich coasters out there. The project is fairly simple, except a few weird hiccups (errr, burps?) occasionally, and could be completed in a day to a weekend’s time by anyone who is familiar with how to do the stitches in the pattern. I use standard crochet shorthand abbreviations for this pattern.
Abbreviations Used in Pattern:
- sl st – slip stitch
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- sc2tog – single crochet two together
- hdc – half double crochet
- dc – double crochet
- * * – repeat instructions between asterisks
Bread slices: 4¾“×4¾”
Tomato: 3½” diameter
Lettuce: 4″ diameter
Cheese Slice: 3¾“×4¼“