The first step is to build a strong base for the outhouse. I used 2x4's and screws to put it together and then some super-heavy-duty solid wheels were added so as to be able to move the time machine to storage after Halloween.
The next step is to start your framing. I first put down a sheet of plywood to act as the flooring. Next you build your walls one at a time on a solid, flat surface. After all your walls are built, lift them up one at a time and screw them down to your base. Then screw the wall sections to each other. You can see in this photo I've added supports into the walls for the left and right LCD screens to be attached to.
Next up you should build a frame for the bench seat. I left the frame wide in the middle so I can add a door so that underneath I can have a subwoofer and powerstrips to power the ride equipment. I later skinned this with MDF wood and put a back on it made of MDF as well.
Next up is making the new wood look old. To make it look weathered I first put on a coat of Rustoleum Wood Stain in the Sunbleached color. This made the wood all a uniform light grey, which looked good, but kinda flat. To add the real weathered look, I then took some black latex paint and watered it down a whole bunch with water 'til it was super thin. I then brushed that all over the time machine, which allowed it to soak in randomly in the pits of the wood. Looking good!
The seats I don't really have a super good pic of, but they were just massage chair seat cushions that had an on/off switch. I left the switch in the on position and cut the line on the positive power side and attached it to the board seen here. This is a relay that can be activated by servo position commands. It's made by Basic Micro and is very sexy. So, my software just thinks a servo is hooked up. When I tell it to move the servo from the home position, it activates the relay, which in turn activates the vibrating seats.
Next I made a cheapo light dimmer by attaching a servo motor to a dimmer switch. Using JB Weld, I glued a circle servo attachment head to the dial on the dimmer switch. When it dried I just plugged the servo in and held them all in place with some wood. Works great!