Here is a video of the build.
Miniature Beeping Circuit Prank
This is a simple circuit project for pranking your friends and coworkers. Every few minutes it emits a brief, high-pitched beep. The beeping gets annoying after awhile, but what is really frustrating is not being able to find it.
- Button cell Batteries (3) I used LR932 cells but other sizes will work
- Jumper Wire Pack (1)
- Large Paperclip (1)
- 4.7MΩ Resistor (1)
- 1kΩ Resistor (1)
- 555 Timer IC (RadioShack #276-1723) (1)
- 3-16V Piezo Buzzer (RadioShack #273-074) (1)
- 100μF Capacitor (10V or higher) (1)
- Printed Circuit Board (RadioShack #276-159) (1)
- Dremel tool (optional)
- Soldering iron
Jason Poel Smith is a helicopter tooling engineer. When he’s not inventing, he’s spending time with his amazing family.