The Rock Star Headphones require you to hack into an existing set of headphones and incorporate it into a new design. The Rock Star will also have two square LEDs sewn onto the exterior of the earwarmers. The LEDs have both an aesthetic function and a practical, safety function: making the wearer visible for jogging or biking at night. The circuit incorporates a soft switch made from conductive hook and loop, so the LEDs turn on only when the headphones are worn.
Rock Star Headphones
Make gear that will keep your ears warm and protected.
- Metal snaps (2)
- Thread (1)
- Tape (1)
- Embroidery thread (1)
- Cellphone battery, with leads (1)
- Headphones (1) Inexpensive ones work just fine.
- Neoprene (1) for lining
- Conductive hook and loop, 2' (1)
- Conductive thread (1)
- LED (2) Piranha high-flux LEDs are recommended.
- Fleece (1) or sherpa suede fabric for top fabric
- Needlenose pliers
- Pencil or marking pen
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needle
- Soldering iron