What is a cellbot?
A cellbot is a small robot using a smartphone as the brain. They can be autonomous or remotely controlled over the Internet. There are many different types of cellbots, but they typically share the following features:
- Small; around 6 in. square, less then 1 lb.
- Mobile; uses wheels and motors to get around
- Cheap, compared to other robotics platforms
- Based on open-source code
- Clever; has lots of processing power and sensors due to leveraging smart-phone technology
- DIY; there are kits and plans available, fun to build
- Simple; can be successfully built by the beginner roboticist
How is TRRSTAN special?
TRRSTAN’s servos are controlled via the headphone jack so she does not need a microcontroller. This dramatically reduces cost and complexity.