The following instructions will guide you through the process of turning your Jeep, or another sport utility vehicle, into a multifunctional tailgating paradise. The Park’n’Play features a basketball hoop and a shelf that can hold a grill, food, etc.
Team Tailgaters – Park’n’Play
Construction of the Park'n'Play tailgate system.
- Misc. metal fasteners (1) if you do not choose to weld assemblies together
- Steel plate, 21' x 6' x 1/2' (1)
- U-bolts (3) to fit O.D. of basketball hoop pole
- Steel plate, ¼” thick (1)
- Steel pipe, 3.5” I.D. (1) Note that this may change depending on size of your basketball pole; fit this dimension to pole
- Diamond steel plate (4) this can be substituted with wood or any other flat sheet material
- Ball mount and hitch receiver (1)
- Basketball hoop with pole (1)
- Square aluminum tubing, 2” x 1.5” (6)
- Hacksaw or metal-cutting band saw
- Power drill and drill bits
- Rivet gun