A lovely book, bound by your own hands, may be just the thoughtful yet utilitarian gift idea you’ve been searching for. The cover can incorporate a window that reveals the invitation, a small drawing, a photograph, or anything else you may think of. This versatile binding makes a great guest book (in which case you may want to reveal your gift idea ahead of time), a photo album, or a place for the couple to hold the memorabilia they collect through the years. It can even continue on as a guest book for their home, a place for out-of town visitors or dinner guests to make a little sketch and muse about the present moment.
Gift a hand-bound book to store memories for years to come.
- Book cloth (1) from specialty paper or bookbinding suppliers, or make your own from fabric and Therm O Web's HeatnBond iron-on adhesive, following the directions included in this project
- Mica or polycarbonate plastic (1) from Tar Heel Mica, (828) 765-4535, or Micro-Mark (micromark.com)
- Miniature nails (1) from micromark.com
- Book cradle (1) from a bookbinding supplier, or make your own following the directions at the end of the project
- Colored papers, cardstock weight (1)
- Book board (1) aka binder's board
- Wax paper (1)
- Matboard, (optional) (1) for making a book cradle
- Paper, high-quality (20)
- Bone folder (1)