Make: Live ep03 video is online! Thanks to our guest Sean Ragan, we enjoyed an evening of science.
Sean Ragan – Laser Projection Microscope MAKE contributing writer and organic chemist Sean Ragan joins us via Skype to show us his homebrew microscope which uses a bright laser to project an image through a droplet of water – microbial movie theater! Learn to build your own laser projection microscope on Make: Projects.
Electrochemistry demo from the Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry Experiments
Becky dons her lab coat to demonstrate the production of hydrogen and oxygen by electrolysis of water (with the help of a 9V battery). You can tell the difference between the two gases with a lit match – FWOOM! This lab appears in chapter 16 of our own Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry Experiments by Robert Bruce Thompson.
- Open Source Hardware definition 1.0 and logos
- Call for Makers for Bay Area Maker Faire ends March 14
- Solar powered free motion embroidery by Paul Nosa at Maker Faire
- Why Are Fewer Students In Science Fairs?
- Digi-Key giveaway prize: USB microscope
- Young Makers Program at the Exploratorium in SF
- ArcAttack! performs the Dr. Who theme at Maker Faire Bay Area 2010
- Maker Shed deal: Get the Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry Experiments free with $40 purchase. Just add the book to your cart and checkout with code MAKELIVE, valid through March 9th 2011.