Make: Live ep05 is all about mechanics and motion! Thanks to our guests Lenore Edman, Windell Oskay, and Dustyn Roberts. If you missed a few minutes of the show, catch up on it here!
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories – Tabletop Mechanical Pong
Lenore Edman and Windell Oskay show off their http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/pong“>tabletop representation of the 1972 video game PONG. They challenged themselves to realize the properties of the game in a physical space using motors, solenoids, and other surplus parts. Also:
Dustyn Roberts – Wind Lantern
Check out our visit with mechanical engineer and teacher Dustyn Roberts. She gives us a tour of the wind lantern, a turbine-powered LED mechanism and circuit from her book Making Things Move: DIY Mechanisms for Inventors, Hobbyists, and Artists. Also:
- Networked On Air Light project and video by Matt Richardson
- Limor Fried on the cover of April’s DIY-themed WIRED
- NASA Make: Challenge
- Vote for your favorite open source hardware logo – the winner will be adopted by open source circuit makers! – Voting ends April 5th.
- Maker Shed deal: Buy Electronics Pack 1 and get Make: Electronics book free
- Maker Faire Detroit Call for Makers now open
- Giveaway prizes: 5 continuous rotation servos, 2 steppers, and a digital multimeter!
Make: Live 06 – Bikes
Wednesday April 13th, 9pm ET/6pm PT
Watch at makezine.com/live or on UStream
Please join us in the UStream chat or mark tweets with #makelive to interact live with the show.