Phoenix’s HeatSync Labs will host HackPHX, an all-day, all-night Arduino hackathon tomorrow, March 2, from 10am-10:15pm. Here’s how it will go down: In an ode to Iron Chef, 50 participants will be split into 10 teams for 12 hours to create something awesome from an Arduino, a “secret ingredient,” and the hackerspace’s resources. The teams will compete for more than $4,000 in prizes and giveaways. Expect music, robots, interactive light, wearable electronics, and more. Tickets are sold out, but the the event will be live streamed right here.
Here’s the tentative schedule:
- 10am: Team Interview – Begin Hacking
- 1pm: Progress Check with AlisaEx
- 5pm: Progress Check with AlisaEx
- 8pm: Final submission
- 8pm: Demos!
- 9:45pm: Judges and Jury Deliberation
- 10pm: Closing Ceremonies and Prizes
- 10:15pm: Final interviews with AlisaEx
HeatSync Labs is a 501c3 nonprofit. Their last event was an HTML5 hackathon, but they’re not restricting themselves to technology. They say they’re planning costume/prop and lockpicking/security hackathons, too.