What’s your sign? Bring the cosmos into any room with this simple DIY LED wall art!
- plywood (select desired size)
- knowledge of the free downloadable program Inkscape
- any constellation star map
- electric sander
- drill + various sized bits
- black wood stain
- black spray paint
- 220 grit sandpaper
- dremel tool
- battery LEDs (for as little as $6 on Amazon)
- epoxy putty
The artist shared their experimental walk-through as they mapped out their constellation, drilled the holes, painted the wood, an mounted the lights. The results are stunning!
Stellar! Not only could this project be integrated into classrooms all over for a fun and engaging learning experience, but kids and adults alike can brighten any room with this creative DIY project. What other parts of the galaxy could one make into LED wall art? The universe and beyond is the limit!