Check out the beefier gantry, said to improve performance under cutting stresses by at least 250%. A plug-and-play Z-probe detects material thickness automatically. And there’s now an included sideboard with a 5x-as-powerful X-Controller. This looks good for pushing through heartier materials.
Inventables’ founder Zach Kaplan tells us that other updates include:
- Belts — We now have simple plastic fittings
- Hardware — We got rid of all eccentric nuts and use eccentric spacers with locking hardware
- Pulleys — Pulleys are permanently mounted
- Wiring — Now fully connectorized “plug and play”
- Plugs — Removed all crimping and soldering
- Drag chain — Now has 2x the area and has openable links in case you want to make changes
Price ranges from $880 to $1,400 depending on size and feature selection.
Inventables commissioned the following two projects, built with X-Carve: A custom spiral staircase, and a DIY concrete firepit.
Look for our review coming up, and keep your eyes open later this year for our annual “digital fabrication” issue of Make: magazine.