Craft-tech superstar Jessica Rosenkrantz at Nervous System writes:
We’re back from NYC where we exhibited our products at the New York International Gift Fair for the second time! We wanted to create a booth that would allow us to show all of our products, from flat jewelry to lamps and our new porcelain cups and plates without feeling crowded.
- only take a few hours to setup (Javits center was open from 8am to 5pm)
- only take a few days to fabricate
- be completely fabricate-able using tools in our garage workshop
- pack flat so it could fit in our car
- be flashy and grab the attention of show-goers
- be awesome
We fabricated the booth entirely out of hardboard, cable ties, velcro and paint and I think it came out pretty great. Of course some things didn’t work out quite right… The booth consisted of three faceted pedestals and a design of flat panels that hung on the wall. We also had a wall mounted LCD screen which played animations of our design processes and a big sign with our logo.
Join Make: Community Today