The Craft & Hobby Association just announced a new contest:
CHA is very excited to announce a unique opportunity for Indie Crafters to present their distinctive work and display it at the CHA 2009 Winter Convention & Trade Show. The Show will take place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA from January 25-28, 2009. If you’re interested in sharing your crafts with the world this is your chance! Just send us a photo and description of your work and we will select the top 30 projects and display them.
- Project must be innovative and creative or must demonstrate how to use ordinary materials in a new way
- This contest is open to ALL crafters
- Completed winning projects must fit in a 1 ½’ wide by 3′ high by 1′ deep space or 3′ wide by 3’high by 1′ deep space.
- You may enter up to five projects
How to Enter:
- Email a photograph and description of your project(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entrants have until November 21, 2008 to submit original ideas to be considered in the contest.
- We will notify you if you are a winner by December 19, 2008.
- Winners will be chosen from entries received based upon quality and originality.
- Winners are responsible for shipping projects to CHA. Projects will be returned free of charge.
Opportunities for Winners:
1. Extensive visibility and promotion. Projects will be displayed in a showcase located in the Indie
Craft section of the Innovations booth on the Show floor.
Over 15,000 show attendees will have the opportunity to view the winning projects.
2. Selected winners will have an opportunity to provide individual promotional sheets that will be
available at the booth for attendees to take.