This Wednesday, May 25, we’re hosting a virtual event on Zoom to celebrate the launch of Make: Vol. 81, which tells you everything you need to build, fight and win at Robot Combat! The event is free for Make: subscribers and Make: Community members, and will consist of a panel discussion with Make: contributors and staff, followed by an after party with the panelists.
Joining our panel are:
- David Calkins (Founder, RoboGames)
- Peter Garnache (Hexbug and Repeat Robotics)
- Brandon Young
- Emmanuel Carrillo
- Keith Hammond (Editor in Chief, Make: Community)
- Lucy Du (MIT Media Lab, MIT MakerWorkshop)
- Adrian “Bunny” Dorsey (Captain, Team Malice)
- David Groom (Community Editor, Make: Community)
Get to know the makers at the forefront of bot-battling technology, bring questions, hang out, and most of all, have fun at this exclusive panel event!
When: Wednesday, May 25, 4pm–5:30pm PT
Where: Zoom — see email invite, or reach out to email@example.com with your subscriber details if you are an active subscriber or member but have not received an invite.
More on Make: Vol. 81:
Put your bot-building skills to the test by going head-to-head with your best pals in radio-controlled, weapon-laden robot combat … It’s Robot Rumble time!
From antweight to heavyweight, we show you what you need to know to build, fight, and WIN! Get an overview of popular combat robot types and the best starter kits, or jump right in with step-by-step instructions to build your first antweight combat robot for cheap! Learn expert tips for victory in the arena, and go behind the scenes to see what it takes to start a combat robot league from the ground up.
Plus, 53 projects and tips including:
- Hack your sleep with a wearable dream incubator
- Hot-rod a K40 laser cutter with hacks and mods
- Light up your outfit or costume with wireless, inductive LEDs
- Build a musical drum robot as a doorbell or MIDI instrument
- And much more!