Make: Live‘s Ultimate Kit Episode celebrates the upcoming release of the Special Issue, The Ultimate Kit Guide. Ariel Churi from Sparkle Labs stepped in for Becky as guest co-host. MIT research Fellow Michael Schrage talked about how kits drive innovation. The Make Labs interns checked in with their kit reviews, including a few siege and ballistics kits (above) and Ariel and Matt played with a few electronics kits in studio.
Subscribe to the Make: Live Podcast in iTunes, watch Make: Live episode 20 in its entirety (or download in m4v format). Also check out the chat room transcript!
Checking in from Sebastopol, Becky Stern and Brookelynn Morris show a few of their favorite kits in the craft section of the Ultimate Kit Guide. They include an octopus needle felting kit, a celebrity paint by numbers, a lego syringe and a trash can lined with plastic bags.
Matt and Ariel look at a few of the electronics kits in the Special Issue of MAKE and Ariel discusses his own Discover Electronics kit.
- Maker Shed deal: check out with code MAKELIVE2 for 15% off either of the Beer Making Kits: IPA or Tripel. Valid through November 29, 2011
- Floating Arm Trebuchet kit
- Medieval Battering Ram kit
- Tabletop Ballista kit
- Thunderbird Atlatl
- Octopus Friend kit
- Celebrity paint by numbers
- ReMake It! plastic bag trash can
- Sean Michael Ragan’s lego syringe kit
- Octolively kit
- Meggy Jr. RGB kit
- SparkFun Proto Snap Pro Mini
- Sparkle Labs online classes
- Discover Electronics Kit
- Didn’t win the photo challenge? You’re eligible for our second chance giveaway! Go to makezine.com/live to enter to win one of 20 MAKE Ultimate Kit Guide Special Editions (print for US/Canada, PDF for other international). Drawing ends 11/29/11.
- Thanks to all our guests, MakerBot for hosting us, and to Collin Cunningham for the music.
Want to show us your project? Upload a video or photos and send a link to email@example.com.
Make: Live 21: Hackerspace Roadshow II
Wednesday November 30th, 9pm ET/6pm PT
Watch at makezine.com/live or on UStream
Please join us in the UStream chat or mark tweets with #makelive to interact live with the show.