Yesterday, we gave you the low-down on Maker Faire ticket specials (some of which end this week, so grab ’em while you can!) If you’re looking for even more ticket options, check out this handful of ways you can win tickets. Several Austin-Area craft bloggers are giving tickets away this week. Enter one, enter them all – just be sure to read each person’s contest rules and be sure to check out their other work and add their blogs to your feed reader. These are just a few examples of the creative talent here in Austin.
- Curlin Reed Sullivan of PippingTooth Studios is giving her blog readers the opportunity to name one of her adorable flowerguys and win tickets.
- Jenifer Nakatsu Arntson of JNA Designs is taking comments for her set of tickets through Monday, October 6.
- Laurie Wisbrun of Scarlet Fig is taking comments for a set of tickets through this Friday, October 3.
- Jessica Dunlap of Rose and Duke (blog name, Violette Crumble) is asking readers to give links to something handmade they’d love to get for themselves and to leave a brief description of something they’d do to help other people make the world a better place. Her deadline is 1:00 PM CST, Monday, October 6.
- Jen Bryan of Lucy Blue Studios (who will be participating in Bazaar Bizarre at Maker Faire) is taking comments through midnight Friday, October 3 for her pack of tickets.
- The Stitch Lab sewing studio will be giving away tickets through their newsletter starting Wednesday, October 1, so check their web site to sign up.
There are also a few local media outlets giving away tickets:
The Austin Chronicle is accepting entries on their web site for a pair of single day passes through October 15.
The following radio stations are having on air listener contests for ticket giveaways through October 18: