Make: Live episode 14 is all about metalworking. Metalworker and Madagascar Institute director Hackett taught Matt to arc weld, and gave a sneak peek of his new TV show for the Science Channel, Stuck with Hackett, which premieres August 18th.
And Becky gave a jewelry demo showing how to cut and solder sheet silver. Catch up on video and notes from the show here.
- Digi-Key giveaway prize: Weller soldering station, solder, and a fume extractor
- Maker Shed deal: check out with MAKELIVE2 for 20% off the Solder:Time Watch Kit and the Useless Machine Bundle, valid through Sunday August 21.
- Stuck With Hackett premieres on the Science Channel Thurs. August 18 at 10:30pm ET
- Hackett’s blog
- Becky’s Firefox necklace video for CRAFT
- Make: Live intern Michael Colombo
Want to show us your project? Upload a video or photos and send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make: Live 15: Make Labs in Sebastopol, CA
Wednesday August 24th, 9pm ET/6pm PT
Watch at makezine.com/live or on UStream
Please join us in the UStream chat or mark tweets with #makelive to interact live with the show.