An affordable, accurate printer with a huge build area and lots of potential.
TYPE A MACHINES’ SERIES 1 IS ONE OF THE NEWEST (AND LARGEST) 3D PRINTERS we reviewed, but even though it was released only months ago, it has already made waves in the community due to its huge build area and competitive price.
2013 MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing
- 3D Printers Buyer's Guide — 15 Reviewed
- Getting Started in 3D
- Learn the Software Toolchain
- 3D Design for Beginners
- 3D Printing without a Printer
Just Released! 2014 MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing
- Primo Features Huge print volume, quick-release build platform, rock-solid extruder
- Print volume 9″×9″×9″
- Print speed 90mm/sec
- Print material PLA,
- Resolution (z-axis) 0.1mm
- Machine software Repetier or Printrun
- Slicing software Slic3r or KISSlicer
- OS supported Windows, Mac, Linux
- Open Source Yes
- Price as tested $1,400
- Pedigree Original, with RAMPS electronics
- Print without PC? No
2 thoughts on “Type A Series 1”
We were saddened to see our little R2-D0NT didn’t do well in your tests.
We KNEW this couldn’t be the case with that test file… so we did it ourselves.
We think our test file did pretty good (much better than your results).
All in all we are very pleased with little R2-D0NT and would recommend it (and have) to others looking for a great printer at a very affordable price.
Comments are closed.