Make: Live ep08 is all about brewing beer and coffee. Thanks to our guests Diane Gilleland, John Park, Douglas Amport, and John LaPolla. Catch up on video and notes from the show here.
Subscribe to the MAKE Podcast in iTunes, download Make: Live episode 08 in its entirety (m4v or Vimeo), or watch clips on YouTube. Also check out the chat room transcript!
Beer Brewing – Douglas Amport and John LaPolla of City Brewshop
Brewing experts Douglas Amport and John LaPolla from City Brewshop demonstrate home beer brewing from start to finish with their own recipe for a heavily-hopped India pale ale, filmed at hackerspace NYC Resistor. They took viewer questions in-studio and even brought us some tasty homebrew to sip.
Siphon Brewing Apparatus – John Park
Make: television host and espresso maven John Edgar Park checks in to give us a tour of his labware siphon brew apparatus from MAKE v17.
- John Park’s Hydraulic Espresso Tamper on Make: Projects
- Maker Shed deal: Spend $15 or more, get the DIY Coffee PDF (five of the best MAKE coffee projects) free with code MAKELIVE2 (valid through June 8th)
- City Brewshop gave away a 5 Gallon “Brewing Essentials” starter kit with ingredients to make a stout
- City Brewshop’s electric brewery on Kickstarter
- Giveaway prizes from Digi-Key: Weller soldering station, component grab bag
Bonus! Maker Mailbag:
Beer brewers Jay Maslar and Brett Martin show off HERMES 2.0, their custom built brew controller for their nano-scale Black Heart Brewery. Want to show us your project? Upload a video or photos and send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make: Live 09: Maker Faire Bay Area
Friday May 20th, 9pm ET/6pm PT
Watch at makezine.com/live or on UStream
Please join us in the UStream chat or mark tweets with #makelive to interact live with the show.
4 thoughts on “Make: Live 5/11/11 — Brewing Beer and Coffee (video)”
was a great show, can’t wait to brew my own beer!
Good to hear that we have makers in Binghamton! Will look forward to the brand launch in the comming years. The vac brewer was so cool also. Way to go Mr. Parks.
Comments are closed.