THE PRINTRBOT IS A RELATIVE NEWCOMER to the field of consumer- grade 3D printers and is touted by its creator, Brook Drumm, as “your first 3D printer.” After a wildly successful Kickstarter campaign in December 2011, where they received over $800,000 in funding, Printrbot has been working to develop low-cost printers that can maintain quality while increasing portability. They’ve produced a few different models to suit a variety of user needs, from the Printrbot Plus with its 8″×8″×8″ print volume, to the compactable Printrbot Jr.
2013 MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing
- 3D Printers Buyer's Guide — 15 Reviewed
- Getting Started in 3D
- Learn the Software Toolchain
- 3D Design for Beginners
- 3D Printing without a Printer
Just Released! 2014 MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing
- Primo Features Extendable in any axis, heated print bed, SD card slot
- Print volume 6″×6″×6″
- Print speed Up to 200mm/sec
- Print material ABS, PLA
- Resolution (z-axis) 0.4mm–0.1mm
- Machine software Printrun/Pronterface
- Slicing software Slic3r, Skeinforge
- OS supported Windows, Mac, Linux
- Open Source Yes
- Price as tested $799 assembled
- Pedigree Original
- Print without PC? Yes, SD card
10 thoughts on “Printrbot LC”
“Primo Features” are for the Cube, not the Printrbot.
Thanks for fixing that.
I gotta say, that torture test piece looks pretty awful, good on overhang but otherwise extremely terrible. Can anyone comment on calibrating this machine and whether or not it can produce real quality parts?
Yer i s very VERY awful.
I want to do a project on 3D printer and I’m thinking to add foreign components within a part during the printing process , so which type of 3D printing machine will be the best for this project
Comments are closed.